Students will demonstrate an understanding of how to draw from life accurately through creating a charcoal challenge drawing of a human hand showing a wide range of values and correct proportion.
*Brief review of project
*Make sure to get your picture taken if you haven't done so already!
*Start on your final tomorrow
Things to think about for your final
What medium will you use? (Charcoal, Pastel, Graphite)
What will your background look like? Pattern? Scene?
Please no floating figures!
*Challenge day: Review of facial proportions
Using a mirror draw your face from observation, make sure to add shading! Fill the whole page. Follow along with the teacher to draw a correctly proportionate human head
Start "How to draw a face bootcamp" recourse packet
1) Eyes are positioned towards the vertical center line of the head.
2) Bottom of the nose goes to the vertical center line of the bottom half of the head.
3) Ears go from the eyes to end of the nose.
4) The width of the eyes is roughly 1/5th the distance between the outer edge of each ear.
5) Eyes are one eye-width apart.
6) The width of the nose is the same as the width of the space between the eyes.
7) Lips are located one third of the way down the bottom quarter of the face.
8) Width of the lips is roughly the distance from pupil to pupil.