Students will demonstrate an understanding of the printmaking process through the creation of a print showing a unique side of themselves.
Extra Credit Opportunity!!!!!!!!
Guest speaker during tutorial April 26th- Diego Rodriguez-Warner
Project Due May 4th (4 prints)
7 Things You Didn’t Know about Hokusai, Creator of The Great Wave
1. He was originally destined for a career as a mirror polisher to the upper classes, not an artist.
2. He relocated 93 times and changed his name 30 times.
3. He was a born showman and a savvy self-promoter.
4. He also illustrated board games, drawing instruction books, paper lanterns, and cut-out dioramas.
5. He began his most famous work at the age of 70.
6. He produced a staggering 30,000 works in his lifetime.
7. His works shaped the course of the Impressionist movement.