All students will be able to demonstrate an understanding of the critique process through the writing/sharing an artist statement and artwork with a peer, Group critique and a self-reflection.
Do Now: Please come in and get your finished final project out.
1. Write artist statement (1/2 page or more) in sketchbook. What does this artwork say about you? Describe your piece and why you chose this object.
2. Share your artwork and artist statement with someone you have never spoken to in this class.
3. Please head into the gallery and hang your piece on the wall. For the group critique everyone must talk to get points. Please make sure your comments are thoughtful and specific. Please use art vocabulary key when making comments during the critique. Remember the main focus of this project was texture and value and composition.
4. Please fill out self-reflection rubric and answer questions in full sentences. Tape to the back of your project.
5. For the remainder of class we will sketching what we find strange and unusual.